The Sportsman's Club of Franklin County(SCFC)) in St Albans will be starting practical shooting matches and intro clinics this summer.
The club has currently 2 bays to use. They will be ramping up this summer. So far this is what we have planned and scheduled:
- Wed May 7th and 21st(5pm-7pm)- Intro to Practical Pistol Clinic(FREE); -What you need for gear, rules for IDPA/USPSA/SCSA, and how a match is shot. Classroom stuff and for those that have never shot a match. Bring your holsters and gun(UNLOADED and CASED) and see what you can shoot. No ammo needed. Discounts from Safariland will be available.
- Saturday July 12th, IPDA Safety Officer certification class Cost: FREE to SCFC members and those that want to volunteer to be Club Safety Officer's. Else To be Nationally "IDPA Certified" you must meet their requirements and take the test; $15(SCFC Members) $50(Non-SCFC Member)
We will add more events and matches for the following groups once volunteers and equipment becomes available.
The club wants to host the following matches
- IDPA- SCFC will be a "registered" club for IDPA matches and will be hosting Monthly IDPA matches and mini/practice matches during the weekday evenings.
- USPSA "outlaw/practice" matches, monthly and weekday evenings. registered matches/classifiers(TBD)
- Steel Challenge- TBD once we get our steel targets.
Volunteers needed and the match schedules will be posted at;
And our Facebook page:
Questions can be sent to:
mike at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking at running a practice matches(1 field or 1 or 2 "classifier" drill stages) during the week in the evening